Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Kissed A Girl...

BLACKLICK, Ohio -- A church in the Columbus area is turning heads with its public spin on the pop song "I Kissed a Girl."
A sign outside Havens Corners Church in suburban Blacklick has the lyrics from the song's chorus, "I kissed a girl and I liked it" -- and adds, "Then I went to hell."
Singer Katy Perry topped the charts earlier this summer with the song, about a girl kissing another girl.
Church pastor the Rev. Dave Allison said the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin, so the sign is intended as a loving warning to teens.
He said it has confused some people who either don't know the song or don't understand the message.
Director Lynne Bowman with the gay rights group Equality Ohio said what the sign means to her is that the church isn't very accepting.

No comments: